Fleet Management System Re-Engineering & Maintenance
One of the most successful and largest UK providers of fleet tracking and management services to authorities, corporate fleets and individuals.
"Thanks to all your team for the efforts you put to build such a brilliant system." — Managing Director
Re-engineering of existent Fleet Management System to increase its performance. Continue its further development and enhancement with new features and modules.
When came to Azoft, the system already existed as an extremely complex heterogeneous system with several customized instances for client customers. Azoft started with a free pilot phase to master architecture and develop required system understanding before proceeding with any serious implementations. To achieve safer process Azoft create a local replica of the system and has been using it as a workaround for all future changes.
The major challenge for Azoft was that system had a very complex architecture, several modules, GIS component with custom maps, and several customized customer instances, and there was very limited time to master all that.
Used by client custom maps along with Microsoft MapPoint created an issue for map synchronization and smooth transition between custom and MapPoint maps while preserving all the features of the both.
Another challenge was posed by a requirement from the client to support and continue development of embedded GPS device J2ME software (midlet) that ensured connection with local cellular phone operators according to their service conditions.
A performance optimization was a huge task in itself. The legacy architecture and technical decision slowed system operation significantly. Many aspects had to be re-designed to increase performance and drastically reduce system response time. Along the way many usability issues had to be solved.
The system is a unique product designed for mid-size and large vehicle fleets supporting up to 1500 vehicles simultaneously and provides fleet tracking and management services with the following options:
- Informative mapping and routing using either Microsoft MapPoint or custom maps. The system ensures maps correlation and smooth transition
- Vehicle categorization with custom vehicle icons on maps
- Prompting about street address, state, speed, type of task performed, cargo, driver name, etc. of every vehicle
- Reporting from convenient user-friendly web-interface (journey, driver, crash, vehicle utilization, custom reports, auto reports), reports can be created on demand or can be scheduled
- Geofencing with custom geozones of regular shape or custom shape
- Alerting (vehicle leaving permitted geozone, unusual behavior etc.)
- Asset management (locations, drivers, vehicles, devices)
Maps: MS MapPoint, custom maps
Devices: Siemens TC-65
Let's move forward with your project