Euro 2004 Wireless MatchCast is unique and innovative service for mobile phones offering football fans an opportunity to keep track of tournaments and championships.
The project objective was to develop a downloadable mobile J2ME application
allowing to get information on football events and personalities and to watch matches in real time through a direct connection with remote game server.
Azoft team has developed a mobile Java-application
customized for the Euro 2004 but which can be easily adopted for any local or global football tournament. The application works on any Java-enabled mobile phone and requires only a one-time download being a convenient substitution for WAP and SMS services. Via GPRS it provides users with recent news, gives information on scores and rankings, reveals statistics, shows video with goals and more.
J2ME MIDP 1.0, J2SE, Firebird DBXML, 3GPP for video/audio streaming
Product Key Features
- Wireless access to information on recent football events
- Providing users with text, images and video data on football matches, players and teams, statistics, etc.
- Easy integration with data feeds and information resources
- Retrieving data over GPRS
- Customization for NFL, MBA or MLB championships
- Team colors and style customization
- Support for more than 60% of all mobile phones in Europe
- The rich choice of interface languages
- Like any other J2ME mobile game, it might be easily distributed